Epitome in a Sentence
Epitome as a Noun
- Definition: a standard or typical example. A representative example.
- Michael Jordan is the epitome of a NBA player
- Climbing to the top of Mount Everest is the epitome of completing a great challenge
- Napoleon was the epitome of a persecuted, lonely and flawed genius
- César Ritz and his luxurious hotels became legendary, and his name entered the English language as an epitome of high-class cuisine and accommodation
- The MVP had a batting average of .390 and is the epitome of a great player
- Burger King and McDonalds are the epitomes of fast food
- He provided America with the epitome of a good father
- He is the epitome of a good person
From Ancient Greek (epitémnō, “I cut upon the surface, cut short, abridge”).